- Electropolishing of metal surfaces before commissioning in order to minimize the build-up of contamination and the release of corrosion products during subsequent operations, as well as simplified decontamination as a result of the optimized cleanability of the surfaces. The processing can be carried out on site or in POLIGRAT sub-contractors' installations.
The following materials can be processed: stainless steel, nickel-based alloys, cobalt alloys, aluminium and zirconium alloy (zircaloy).
- Pickling and Passivating of stainless steel and nickel-basis alloys to meet nuclear specifications.
- Electrolytic Decontamination of metal surfaces by removing the contaminated surface layers of stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium and cobalt alloys.
- Chemical Decontamination of stainless steel and carbon steel by removing the contaminated oxide and corrosion scale without attacking the basis material (POLISOLID)
- Preparation and Treatment of the resulting chemicals in a storable state and the smallest possible volume (POLISOLID, POLINOX Sinox)