POLIANT and POLISEAL are colourless, transparent glass ceramic layers with a depth of approx. 0.5-2.0 µm (POLIANT) or 2.0-5.0 µm (POLISEAL) with the following characteristics:
- Colourless and transparent
- Looks and feels unobtrusive
- Resistant to UV and aging processes
- Resistant to water and dirt
- Temperature-resistant up to 300°C, for brief periods to 500°C
- Adheres firmly to the surface without cracking or flaking
- Resistant to most chemicals (exception: strong acids and caustic solutions)
POLIANT can be applied to all kinds of finishes. It also reliably protects matt, ground, blasted and coloured surfaces.
Cleaning is effected by wiping the surface, using a mild cleaning agent if necessary to remove all traces.
POLIANT and POLISEAL are applied as liquids by spraying, immersing or rolling and are then subsequently fired. The firing temperatures lie in the region of 150°C-250°C, and are determined by the material and the application.
Applications on stainless steel, aluminium and copper alloys are found in many areas such as exterior and interior architecture, lift cabins, kitchen furniture, sanitary fittings, vehicle and boat building, front panels and claddings for machinery and appliances.
POLISEAL applications can be found for example in heat exchangers, interceptors, medical and surgical components, plants and installations for the food and drinks industries, electrotechnology and the pharmaceutical industry.
POLIGRAT offer POLIANT and POLISEAL coating as a service and also supplies equipment and chemicals for application by the customer.